Sunday, April 3, 2011 | By: Deb

LUANG PRABANG

I can't get over the beautiful views I woke up to this morning:





Breakfast delivered to my patio!

The HUGE spider that had a 4 square foot web across from my porch(far enough away that I find him interesting and not scary) To put his size in scale: his body is about the size of my thumb and the legs easily span the width of my hand.
Today I went on a long hike through some villages and then the jungle to the Kuang Si waterfalls about 30km outside of Luang Prabang, a very large multi-tiered waterfall with multiple swimming pools. It was a hot one today and by the time I got back to the hotel at 430pm I completely crashed and slept for 3 hours...I had to drag myself out of bed to eat some dinner! (yummy yellow curry and sticky rice).









At the bottom of the falls there is a bear sanctuary where they rescue bears that were victims of poachers.
They were super cute and you could get pretty close.



Tomorrow I have a lazy day planned. I really need to figure out what I plan to do about my further travel plans...I am debating just going to Ko Phangan and assessing the situation there. Bangkok Airways have resumed all flights and I looked at the weather forecast and it seems to be looking up. I emailed to hotel today to ask what the situation was and will decide when I get a reply...I would still have to fly as the trains are still shut down to Suret Thani but I could always leave early if things aren't good weather wise.
What to do, what to do....

1 comments:

FairyGirl said...

Those bears are so cute. Nice to see there are sanctuaries for them. The waterfall is amazing. Really enjoying your blog.

Post a Comment