Tuesday, April 26, 2011 | By: Deb

UBUD

View from my room.

View from the patio off my room.

Ubud is a fantastic little town right in the middle of Bali. I arrived at Denpasar Airport which is about an hour away at 18:30 from Singapore and had arranged with my guesthouse to get picked up at the airport. I am staying in a homestay here, it's about 5 minutes walk from the main street but right in the middle of the rice terraces so a great view. Ubud is surrounded on all sides by lush scenic rice fields, temples, little villages, rainforest and steep ravines plunging to the river below. You can walk through the rice fields on any of the paths out of town and see locals harvesting the rice and children playing. A few short minutes of walking and you are surrounded by nature. This will be my base city in Bali to do my sightseeing and tours from and I made the right choice, it's lovely here.
The path from town to my homestay.

Cafe's and houses with their great view of the river below.


Walking through the rise terraces.

View from my room.


Sunset, view from my room. Volcano in background.


Made, my homestay host, picked me up from the airport. We were both hungry so stopped for street food on the way home...BBQ goat satay skewers, rice soup ad deep fried bananas...all for $2.50! Delicious. His house has the best views out the back and is in the rice fields about a 5 minute walk from town...perfect location. Close enough to walk in but far enough to be in the middle of nature.






1 comments:

FairyGirl said...

It looks so lush. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in Bali.

Post a Comment