Saturday, April 30, 2011 | By: Deb

UBUD BIKING AND COOKING

Ubud

Ubud

Ubud

Ubud
My last 2 days in Ubud were spent taking a cooking course and cycling day trip.

The cooking course was fun and we made some yummy food which I have no hope in hell of recreating! ha ha. We started in the morning market and then went to Puspa and Wayan's home just outside of Ubud where they run their cooking school. It was really well organised and we sampled many yummy Indonesian dishes we created before leaving very full at 3pm...I didn't even eat dinner that night I was so full.
Tons of fresh veggies in the market

Ubud market

Making offerings for the Hindu people to use.

Mmmmmmm...chicken.

Every fruit imaginable.

Puspa and her giant mortar and pestle.


 On my last day here I did a cycling day trip. It was fun but mostly downhill so no exercise received but a nice way to see lots of little villages and the very scenic views to be had here. I was so tired when I got back to my room, I think from all the activity the last couple weeks, that I crashed and napped for 2 hours.





I finally dragged myself up and hit the town for some final shopping and dinner. The shopping is really, really good here with tons of great shops, especially silver shops all with unique jewelry that is my price range so I have a bag full of great finds. I also stumbled upon a great reflexology place for my daily foot massage and an amazing restaurant...if I had found this place day one I would have eaten every meal here it was that good. It rained tonight and the power was out to the whole town for almost an hour so I ate by candle light and read my book waiting to power to come back on for my walk back home...LOVE my lighted kindle cover!!

I head out of Ubud Friday and will miss it. Really lovely place. It was good to be here this week as there were lots of Hindu festivals going on...almost everyone in Bali is Hindu (85%)...Temples are everywhere...the streets littered with daily offerings and burning incense. This week there have been celebrations including these great parades through the streets with drums and music and everyone dressed in their Sunday best.

1 comments:

Post a Comment